Thursday, October 19, 2006

How I Make Things Hard (for Myself)

Yesterday I (at last) paid some bills that had been sitting around for a while. Now, it's not that I don't have the moola to pay such bills, I am just very bad about doing it on time. I'm trying to set up automatic bill pay on as many accounts as possible because I figure if someone steals some, in the end I'll probably still end up ahead...no late fees, finance charges or bad credit. I definitely seem to go out of my way to make my own life more trying.

My own little step towards better health...I now order brown rice on every occasion I buy dinner at whole foods. I figure it balances out the beer intake that has increased this baseball season. Somehow, sitting in a bar watching baseball just kicks ass. Much better than home.

I am a busy girl over the next few weekends...tourney this weekend--that I fear will be the last actually warm one--and the TROLLEY!! the following weekend. This is our tenth year doing the trolley, and I am impressed every year with the people on that ride. So creative with the costumes, really friendly, and even when I go knowing only a few peeps, I have the best time. The first year was maybe the craziest night I've ever been involved in (more than the walrus night), and created a couple of infamous legends. Things have mellowed since that first debacherous year, but it is definitely a raging good time. And one that requires clinging to a couch the following Sunday.

Of course, in keeping with my pattern, I don't have a costume as of yet. All I can think of are ideas for men and things that would have been great 5 years ago Then the--what about the kids thing. How to make something that is adult and kid friendly. Pregnant Britney Spears wouldn't go over great here.

I am happy to report that the Mothers returned from the great trip abroad with themselves and their good humor intact. I did hear that if wasn't for Debbie's fireman muscle, a bag or two may not have made it to Geneva. Good at hauling bags up and down train stairs is the scouting report. So keep that in mind for your next trip.

I should get to the costume store and get creative or something. But if anyone calls me to go get a beer, I'm going!!

2 comments:

Kid said...

The beez kneez...that's your costume.

Kid said...

be thankful you are not Hans...seems he makes things harder for himself...like driving off cliffs into lakes. lol.