Tuesday, July 18, 2006

That's Really Something...

Ever since the Lids parents' anniversary party last year, I've been thinking about picking up guitar, and in the days following the houseboat, and after speaking to Mr. Windows, I went ahead and did it. I got me an acoustic Fender guitar and along with it, an even more irritated upstairs neighbor. Yeah...Anyway, I also was pointed in the direction of a guitar teacher. Great guy, and all was well and normal til today.

It is blazing hot down here in SJ and as I sit down and we start tuning me up, we're chatting and he mentions that he's been working out more and he needs to do it early because it is so hot. He says he wants to take some weight off, and get hard or something. He's in good shape from what I can tell, so I made some innocous "you look fine to me" kind of thing. Then he mentions that he used to be a Chippendale. And he was a member of Male Express. "Would you like to see some pictures?" So of course I say sure...

He goes to his computer and pulls up his web site. (I'll tell those of you via email the site if you are wanting a peek--or a guitar teacher). The normal body building pics--and then...the Playgirl pics come up. And he just goes through them. This is the cover shot--artfully naked, thong shots, artfully naked surfboard shot, and then and the CENTERFOLD. Full frontal on the beach. My response..."that's really something." And he goes on to tell me how one of the guys in a shot next to him had the longest shlong he'd ever seen and he only had a size 7 shoe.

So my lesson hasn't yet started, and I've already seen the man naked. Normally this is how my dates start...ba dum bump! (I'm here all week! Don't forget to tip the wait staff!)

As I was leaving, all I could think was that this kind of thing never happens to Mingle. But then again, she did take me to my first party that had a naked man on stage. Of course, we didn't know that was going to happen. I guess it makes me wonder if I wasn't there, would it have happened. Am I the common denominator? I love pondering the big questions in life. And I do mean BIG!

2 comments:

Mrs Mingle said...

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head, so to speak -- you are the common denominator! Although Queen Maja sitting over there in Sunny Britian would vouch that we too were once at a party where one of her friends decided to be naked. So..maybe these things do happen to Mingle too!

Kid said...

Love the shoe story. If this holds true for all then I feel really bad for your brother's bride.