Friday, July 21, 2006

An Auspicous Start

Many years ago, Pong and I took the ski boat off the HB to scout for a new docking situation. In the midst of oursearching, we stoppedto take a dip and shoot the breeze. While we were talking, a tree fell in the forest near us. And we heard it...thus answering a long standing question.

I think I answered another one today. If a woman knows no one and something bad happens and no one is there to hear her cry, will she? The answer is no. I am presently sans any clothes for my trip. I've been assured this happens all the time, and they are willing to give me £12.50 for my trouble. Wow...considering this internet session is costing me 3, I don't have much left.

Thankfully, I don't feel like crying...I just feel like changing. I did meet an interesting person on her way to Sierra Leon(sp? I should know how to spell that) where she is going to work in an orphanage for a couple years. She lost 4 bags, so I guess I'm lucky. Plus I'm not going to a war torn region. Which is nice...

3 comments:

Mrs Mingle said...

Don't worry - I bet your clothes will arrive soon. I lost mine that first day in cabo. And, you could always where Obus clothes - what a lucky girl!

Kid said...

Ahh the sounds of nature. Glad I was there for that special moment in your life.

I thought you have known Mrs. B for quite some time now. I thought she was going to start a school rather than work at an orphange on the dark continent.

pong

Costa Rica Chica said...

The clothes are here! Thankfully. I had to wear G$'s Tevas because the thought of putting on his thigh high socks was just too much heat to bear! One of the few times I've been thankful to have feet larger than the average bear.