Thursday, July 20, 2006

Leavin, on a Jet Plane

I am happy to report that my seating for my flights to England all have me in a window seat. I am not happy to report however that my layover in England is not the 2 hours I had thought--it's 3.5 hours. FMA. AND apparently you can only check one bag on Easy Jet...I have one backpack and a suitcase with gifts (and other of my things...) and my carry-on. I tried to see how much they charge for these things, but couldn't find the info. I'm hoping it won't be that much, because that would stink.

On the happy side of things, my cat is siting at my feet snoring. So at least one of us isn't bothered. I'm going to try to stay up most of the night, and then hit the beach in the morning so I can expend as much energy as possible and be totally exhausted when I get on the plane. Sound ambitious for the likes of me? I know...I think the odds are around 20% that I'll make it to the beach. Looks to be about 97% that'll be up til at least 4. Why? Cuz that's how I roll, kids.

Speaking of rolling (my eyes)...a friend advised me that when packing for this trip, I should basically just pack for 3 days. I think this is crazy talk. I'm bringing 4 pairs of shoes for crying out loud. And i just bought nine new shirts today. Is that a bit much? Along with everything else? I'm going to have to rethink this. Good thing I've got time!

No comments: