Sunday, July 16, 2006

Calzone!

This weekend was completely action-packed--not that kind of action OB...but it could have been. Damn that sense of propriety that pops up on occasion!

Friday night I went with the Plants to Hotel des Artes (a boutique) hotel in SF to celebrate Bastille Day. The hotel has different artists paint murals in each room, and the hotel was decorated with different paintings and photographs up for auction. And there was an open bar, so you know the vibe was good. Met some cool people and then we headed out to North Beach and hit Calzones for dinner...then on to the Supper Club. Interesting place. Surrounding the dance floor and bar was a bed--that encircled the entire place. Fantastic! Now there's a place for some action, let me tell you!

Went back to the Plants' at closing time where we stayed up til 5:30 and I wondered if I'd ever be able to sleee...p. Which I quickly did til Lids called me to get my ass up. Followed moments later by Jameson wanting "a hamburger, no a cheeseburger, no a hot dog, no I want a chili dog." He got nothing and liked it. Well nothing til we stopped at the gas station and hit up the taqueria inside. While I was suspect of how good this could be, this didn't stop me from inhaling a beef tostada at 10:30AM. (Which was a good move because the calzone I had for dinner could have been made in a 7-11.) Full day out on the boat--didn't leave until 7:30! Didn't roll back into SF til 10:30, at which point the party in the club (thanks Fifty) Wasn't. Going. To. Happen.

My friend Walker was in a wedding this weekend and had quite a few stories to tell over dinner/drinks tonight. A model from NY who hangs with Puffy was also in the wedding and literally had bling coming out of his hoo-ha. During the posed photos, he was crossing his arms and holding up his index and middle finger in a sign that apparently means peace and prosperity, but looked a lot like gang signs to the bride. Now that's a memory for your wedding album...

I'm watching the 40 Year Old Virgin (waxing scene) right now. Funny. Shit.

Leaving for Europa Europa on Thursday. All my bitches better call to say good-bye!

1 comment:

Kid said...

I think you are becoming a gansta! Keep it real sista. Enjoy your trip.

Magoo