Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bikes, Boobs, Boats and Birds

I'm here at G&D's. So the airline lost my bag with all the clothes...the salsa, pistachios, got here though...etc. Gary took me shopping...first thing we went to was lady's lingerie. We were laughing because in the past the only shopping we've done together has been HB related. And now we're buying panties. Funny...

Yesterday G-Money and I took the bikes for a ride around Lake Geneva. Big, blue, clear and good conditions for skiing in the middle of the lake. (for those non-boaters out there, that is freakin rare in the middle of a lake). We went to the fountain that shoots water something like 500' in the air and got a nice shower, which was very welcome due to the humidity and heat. G, ever the tour guide pointed out that near this fountain is where the first bird flu ridden bird was found. Yeah!

Our ride proceeded along the banks of the lake, and then we stumbled across a couple of topless beaches. G somehow didn't notice the boobs hanging out--so European all of a sudden! The same standard that I've seen in the states held true--the people who tend to nude it up are rarely the ones you want to see doing it. Later in our ride we went off-roading and G spotted (though I missed it) some older naked men hanging out--literally.

We rode for a few hours, then took a paddleboat back. The boat was beautiful, and you could see the machinery (pistons) like they showed in the movie Titanic in the middle of the boat. Had lunch, and both took a nap for about 3 hours. This is my kind of vacation!

Going around with G is funny because he doesn't know ANY French. Apparently it took him several visits to the store to locate milk (in a box that looks like soap, and it is not refrigerated). I know nada en francais, so we make quite the pair. I keep wanting to answer questions in Spanish...or say in Spanish, I don't speak French. but we don't know how to say that. So I just do the nod, empty smile on my face...

We're off in a few to pick up Debbie and my bag that was located! So no more shopping trips for G and I...Second floor: hardware, childrens wear, lady's lingerie. Oh, good morning...

1 comment:

sactownkid said...

You and Gary shopping together for panties is one of the funniest visuals EVER. Great stuff, looking forward to more adventures!!