Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Yeah...yah?

Hawaii--in a word--great. Sun, games, drinks, naps, good-looking men with great tans. Why am I leaving? Now I really get why Manoa went to the trouble to ship her car here.

What a relaxing time I've had. We've laughed, she's cried, and I've been throughly impressed with the bodies of her roommates. Reminds me of Andre in CR, but they speak English all the time and have blonde hair.

Our time has consisted of going to various beaches around the island, drinking on those beaches and playing games (I got a bingo in scrabble spelling "flinger"--one who flings!) til literally the sun goes down and the sand is being whipped at us by the trade winds. We went to this incredible beach that was in From Here to Eternity. Stunning. Small spit of sand on the south side of the island with waves crashing in a like mad and turtles somehow fighting their way in and out. (Granted, I was looking for some eggs to eat!) We went out and did our best to keep our tops on, which was tricky because the waves would spin you around pummel you forward. But then again, I'm not above flashing a bit. Give someone a little thrill I say.

Manoa is unfortuntately a bit under the weather, but she is rallying valiently in an effort to keep me entertained. What a woman. Who by the way has picked up the Hawaii saying of making a statement and saying "yeah?" after it. But is's kinda more like "Ya?" almost European. It's cute, and you can spot the locals by their usage of this. Like the native LA folk who say, "take THE 101 to THE 380."

We are headed back to the north shore today to eat at some place that had such amazing food the first time Manoa went, that she has been afraid to go back out of fear it won't be as good. (I'm serious!) And then we're hoping to beach it a bit and run into someone from Lost who doesn't weigh 400 pounds. (That's the only person from the show that she's seen). She just told me that she thinks he only weighs 250. I don't think she could get a job at Carnival guessing people's weights. Maybe their birthdays.

Oh, and kids--my hair is a struggle. I have started wearing it in a Princess Leia fashion which I think is cute. No one else has said that, but I think they are just jealous they didn't think of it first. The curls will not be contained!!

Have a great day you fine people!

3 comments:

sactownkid said...

Happy Birthday, Yeah Yah! Glad to hear you are having such a fine time in HI. If only all states could have abbreviations so friendly. Tourism would certainly flourish! Tell Manoa I hope she is feeling better. Now tell me which roommate is the hottest, already?!

Swiss Miss said...

Happy Birthday Chica!!!!

:)

Kid said...

Thirty-one...my goodness. I think what sactown is saying is "post a pic already geeze."