Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Best Break-Up Lines

A teacher I know was commiserating today about the guy that dumped her via email this morning...clearly--asshole material, but in the spirit of Bill and Ted's, I suggest that she quote him some lyrics that correctly sum up her feelings on the subject. Considering my knowledge of lyrics relies heavily on humming through key portions, we went to the web. Here are some that we thought fit her sitch. (Up there with naming your dog after your ex and putting the name "Fuckface" on the doghouse...):

Erykah Badu--"Tyrone"
"I think you'd better call Tyrone/ And tell him come on help you get your shit/ You need to call Tyrone Hold on/ But you can't use my phone."

Fiona Apple --"Limp"
"It won't be long till you'll be/ Lying limp in your own hand."

Bob Dylan --"Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"
"I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind/ You could have done better but I don't mind/ You just kinda wasted my precious time."

I personally think the Dylan one is the most on target, but she's kinda pissed, so Fiona was more her speed. I left off Alanis because, well, even I know those lyrics. On the happier side of things, clearly she is better off. He had plenty of baggage and she had none, so that wasn't a fair trade. And he didn't even have a lot of money (which helps to even the scale--or so I've heard...).

I've always enjoyed quotes, but I've never looked them up in this topic. There's quite a bit of angry music out there folks. I wonder if any of these songs will be on American Idol. Probably right after they play, "Why Don't we Get Drunk, And Screw?"

2 comments:

sactownkid said...

I was a big fan of Kelly Clarkson, if you can believe it, and the lyrics of "Since You Been Gone" and the more recent to hit the radio, "Gone." Lots of good yelling and kiss-my-arse stuff. Cake's version of "I will Survive" is good, too. Throws in the f-bomb and suddenly its not just a song you yell at the Grad after 10 kamikaze drinks!

Kid said...

I've never known a teacher without "bagage".

:)

magoo