Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ass, Grass, or Cash--no one rides for free

I recently heard the title of this blog, and I have to say that circle gets that square. As in--hits the nail on the head. If you're riding along, you need to throw down a little somethin' somethin if you expect anything from this kid. That is just a personal gripe that needed to be vented, and I'll move on...

Lately I've been down and out and oddly emotional for a girl whose mother says she has a heart of stone. (What kind of mother would say that? The same kind that gets called "Butterface" by her daughter...) Work has just been an ass kicker--lemme give you the dealio mi amigos:

Our secretary (who just started in October and was pretty harassed by some of the staff) up and quit on Friday;
The district just announced that effective August 2007 as part of a whole district shake-up, our school will switch from k-3 to k-5;
A kid overheard a 2nd grader saying he would shoot his teacher with a bb gun. The kid was suspended, and although the teacher asked, the principal and district thought he should stay in the same class. So when he returned to school yesterday, the teacher called the police because she felt unsafe and the kid (who is SEVEN) was arrested and now has a juvie record.

But on the happy side of things:
I got to teach the chicken dance and the hokey pokey.
Going to Hawaii one week from today. Loving that. Manoa Missy kicks ass!
It's almost my birthday!
My friend out of the blue told me in a public place that I have nice legs. That was really nice. Glad I shaved!
I just started a laugh out loud funny book. Me Talk Pretty One Day. G-reat. Thanks Mingle!
I found the answer to a pressing question in Cosmo. It was a moment like when I first read that book He's just not that into you. you know, when men don't call, it's generally because they don't want to talk to you. If you call and ask, that will be pretty much what you get out of the conversation. So I saved myself that trouble. Woo hoo!

I suppose this karmatic (word?) payback for my barley pop friend, damn. Why is my life so even steven? I'm so Jerry Seinfeld. I think I'll throw a 20 out the window and see if I can create some luck.

Another thing is becoming a bit chillingly apparent. I am beginning to think (based on the people that I seem to be attracting lately), that there seems to be no way to avoid a relationship with a divorcee/father. (This is not a fun thought). This is of course if the relationship with the single, short person who works outside doesn't come to fruition.

So I'm thinking I need to get a little Demi Moore and forget the peeps in their 30s. Because they're just going to be 40 soon. Which is surprisingly followed by 50. And who wants to date someone 50?

4 comments:

sactownkid said...

Glad you're back on the monitor. Sorry you have thuggy 2nd graders. But getting to teach the hokey pokey is great!!

Re: men. I think Manoa Missy's fridge magnet states my new philosophy: Gold digger. Like a hooker, but smarter. I think it's a hoot. Kinda like your new blog post! So if you're dating someone 40+, please make sure there is something worth diggin'. On the upside, divorcees with children means you always have a new hearts/pedro trainee at the ready. And if they're youngins, you can teach them the hokey pokey -- instant love!!

Manoa Missy said...

I won't try to top you with the week from hell--sounds like you deserve a vacation...

As for the men...I have a strict policy about not dating anyone who could conceivably be my father (read,about 11 years older than me), so I say, the "previously viewed/used/abused" category would be ok IF they are also no greater than 42... (43 in 2 months when I have my birthday).

See you soon!

Kid said...

good times fo shiz. butta face...lol.

Swiss Miss said...

Hopefully your "happy side" will grow larger as the months of summer roll on... only 10 short weeks 'till houseboat baby!!! :)