Thursday, July 26, 2007

That's MY Island

Well, I'm once again in the land of chocolate and cow bells. Arrived a little early, which was nice considering I'd had some "trouble" on my flights. I'll sum it up with one seat companion got in a fight with the stewardess and police action was threatened, and I fainted. Neither had anything to do with the other. But I'm fine, no police came, and now I'm here! Tonight we actually went for a concert (French rap) and a cocktail making get-together.

The latter involved a group of Debbie's extended friends meeting in an oo-la-la bar and learning how to make kick ass drinks from cute bartenders. It didn't suck. We're home now, and I'm going to toddle off to bed and take a miracle sleeping pill. Tomorrow is D's b-day, and Sunday we are off to the UK. I did learn on my flight that Ireland is an island. I think I knew that at some point, but it had escaped me. So we need to figure how we will get from Scotland to Dublin. I guess taking a car is out of the question...I realized just now (see the above title) my favorite character in Bravehearts' best line.

Anyway....night-night!

8 comments:

jomama said...

Surprise, surprise! Look who's commenting! Glad to see you've had yet another adventure before you've even landed in Switzerland.

Rest up. Traveling with the Swiss Miss means you miss nothing and the feet are in constant motion.
I envy your trip to Scotland, Ireland & Normandy--well, in fact, the whole thing.

Love to the host and hostess of the Blooker Lodge for Homeless Wanderers....

Big Poppa Slick said...

I guess you never saw Braveheart.

Insane Irish-"I'm the most wanted man on my Island, but Im not ON my Island. More's the pity."

Shamish-"Your Island? You mean Ireland."

Insane Irish-"Yes, it's mine!"

Costa Rica Chica said...

So it's only 8:30 and I've been up for over 3 hours. *sigh*
Ma-thanks for posting! Look at you all tech savvy. We're up for a night that starts with drinks at 7 and continues with dancing. What a night!
R-Did you really find it necessary to watch the whole movie again just to point out I was wrong? Hmm... how out of character! Use those magic fingers for good, not evil! :)

Big Poppa Slick said...

Guess what finger Im showin you now?

Costa Rica Chica said...

Thanks for the big thumbs up!

Big Poppa Slick said...

A thumb isnt a finger.

Kid said...

What's this talk of an Island? When you said "island" I was expecting an adendum to your list:

Rodman
Arsinio (Hall)
Tommy Lee
James Wood
Holmes (John C)

Mrs Mingle said...

I agree with the kid, I was expecting some addendum to your island men as well. Your new found knowledge of ireland is an island...that I just won't comment on... btw - I have (Judy's)family in Normandy - contact me if you want a contact there. Have fun!!