Friday, July 27, 2007

How Does that Feel?

Posting in the wee hours seems to be the time that works for me...just like at home! The day was relaxing in that we hung out til noon and then walked to the local beach. Great lunch, better gelatto, then a quick water taxi to the tram that took us to Carouge. This was recently cited in the SF Chron as a great small town to explore. Debbie's mission had us doing some shopping for some household items that can only be found there. What for, you ask? What are you a fucking cop?

We returned and I promptly fell asleep and woke up to a great b-day dinner Deb had cooked herself. (What a bad guest!) Then we peeled out of the house to meet up with her friends for some cocktails at 7. Great group of people from all over Europe and one other American. One girl in particular I like quite a bit is Corolla (like the car). She is Swiss German and quite cool. Also met a guy who is organizing a foam party next week which we will miss, sad to say. He was fabulous, if you know what I mean.

Around 11:30 pm we went to a beach (on the lake) party. It was beautiful--almost a full moon, smooth water, lights shining across the lake. Very cool. I keep thinking I'd like to organize events like these at home. There is that casting pond sort of near my house...I got totally lost driving there that one time, so maybe not. Besides, probably wouldn't be quite the same.

Tomorrow we are off to a winery tour that focuses on using the five sense when wine tasting. I'm not so looking forward to how differently wine might feel. I'll let you know how that goes. Did realize that I've spent the last threee years teaching the five senses to kindergarteners...I wonder how this experience might influence future lessons. Maybe I can use old milk or OJ. Hmm.

On Sunday we need to catch the 5:30 am train to make our flight to England. These early mornings...I don't even get up that early for work!

No comments: