Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Golfing with Dads

Last spring all the kindergarteners went on several field trips over the course of the year. One of the fathers (from another class) that went seemed to take a shine of sorts to me. To the extent that after the last field trip, he took my cell number off the info paper I'd given my parents and took it so we could play golf sometime. (He is O.L.D. and married of course). He never called this summer, but he still takes the time to stop by and chat with me, which causes great alarm for the other teachers, but I don't really think its a big deal. So, is it normal for fathers to want to go golfing (0r do other things) with a teacher from their kid's school?

Next topic...I am thinking about taking a second job of sorts. Applying to teacher adult ESL. Considering that the students would all be Spanish speakers, I think it would be an excellent way to improve my Spanish, and earn some extra $$ for travel to South/Central America next year. It would be kind of tough--4-6 M-Thurs, plus 30 minutes of planning. I'm going to see what the story is...but it would be great if I could be on the verge of fluent in Spanish by this time next year. My debate is whether or not to write my thesis this year and finish up the masters. Oh dilemnas...

This weekend I'm playing in a 4's tourney in SF, and then Sunday going to see the Blue Angels. Love Fleet Week. Who doesn't like young men in uniforms, you know??

2 comments:

sactownkid said...

Spammers on bloggers suck! And creepy married fathers who hit on their children's teachers aren't far behind. Eww. Unless he's wealthy and can take you places or buy you pretty things.

Just kidding.

You can add a security thing (require commenters type in a code) to reduce the spam. Seemed to help me.

I think pursuing the ESL and the masters both sound great. Look at you, Miss Driven! :)

Costa Rica Chica said...

I knew I would get crap for putting the 4-6 job thing was going to be tough. See, I have to be really "on" from the time the kids are there til they leave. This leads to me being quite tired. And my schedule is currently dependent on my taking a small hour nap after work. This enables me to play volleyball until 10 at night and socialize after. All crucial facets that make me the chica I am.