Monday, September 25, 2006

Engaging News

So in the last week, two of my friends have gotten engaged. This lowers the single female friends in my age range to two. One in Sac, one in HI. This makes for interesting/boring evenings on the weekends. Somehow my weeknights are often full with peeps, but the weekends have become kinda quiet. This is not thrilling, let me tell you. It is well-known that I like a good cocktail on occastion, but somehow it's not socially acceptable to go get one solo. People start to think either you've got a drinking problem, or you're looking for some action. Both could be equally true I suppose. :)

So I guess the time has come for me to look for something "serious". *sigh* That Match thing...last guy I went out with...we met at the LG Jazz in the Plazz, and after explaining to a friend all was cool, but to just not ask how we met, 30 seconds after we sat down, she said, "So Chica, where did you two meet?" I was quick witted and said, "Oh, we met over at the bench at 7". Bitch. (She said it was similar to pushing people in the water, but I think it is closer to just being a jerk. Payback is a bitch, and I can be too.)

Anyway, this guy said he was 6', but upon meeting, he was probably 5'9" and I was wearhing a sandally heel, so I was pushing 6'. While we were talking, I mentioned I was in a quandry about work, and he looked bewildered by what I meant. This happened a couple other times over the course of the night. Hmm. Then at dinner (which he bought--nice) I order something with shittake mushrooms. He said, "Sh-I-I-take? What is that?" He'd never heard of them. And in conversation, he said he'd only left the country 2 times, and the last time was the weekend before when he went to TJ. So when he asked about my summer, I felt like I was bragging about my trip, andit didn't get better when he asked if I'd been before, and I felt like I was confessing when I said it was actually my 5th trip. (Which is pretty cool come to think of it.)

Anywho, the search continues. I wish it didn't feel like work. Well, I guess since work doesn't seem like work, something has to. *sigh*

1 comment:

sactownkid said...

Best of luck. Find the one with the equally handsome brother who lives about 2 hours north east. Thanks. :)